Thursday, January 10, 2013

Lego Legacy: a Gift for Rick

I really wanted to give my brother a unique gift this year.  He's not one for decorating and I wanted something he could put up.  I saw an idea on Pinterest and it seemed perfect.

Growing up Rick LOVED his Legos...enough so that my mom still has this bin of them.  (The green landscape piece is blocking most of the Legos, but you get the point!)

This project required digging through that bin and finding the best of the best.  Here's a glimpse of what we came across: 







There were lots of options, so we had to narrow it down by making scenes to fit into the shadow box that I found:

 

Here are the scenes we came up with:

 



 

 

 

Starting from the bottom I glued the scenes into place.  Important sidenote: I used a block base to put the Lego people on.  I glued the blocks.  Then the Lego people just stand on those.

 

Here's the finished product:

 

It was a fun project.  Momma and I had a great time playing with the Legos and walking down memory lane.    More importantly, Rick loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment